If you are someone who doesn’t believe the Bible to be the Word of God, and thus not trustworthy, and that Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead, could you give me a descent and satisfying answer to the following 5 questions?
1. How do you explain the fact that 2000 years ago thousands of Jews all at once began to worship a human being, a Man? That is terrible blasphemy to the Jews. (I didn’t get this out of the Bible, just reading history).
2. How do you explain that 2000 years ago thousands of Jews all at once believed in a personal resurrection, while their religion teaches a general resurrection on the last day? (I didn’t get this out of the Bible, just reading history).
3. How do you explain the spectacular growth of the early Church, in spite of the fact that many Christians were put in jail and killed for their faith in the resurrected Christ? (I didn’t get this out of the Bible, just reading history).
4. How do you explain that Saul/Paul, the greatest anti-Christ 2000 years ago, then became the greatest defender of Christ, and that he, next to Jesus Christ, has done the greatest good for mankind, not just when he was living, but especially through his writings (13 letters in the N.T.) which are published in the Best Seller of all times and have changed the lives of millions upon millions for good?
5. How do you explain the tremendous and radical change in my (Richard’s) life 55 years ago when I accepted the, as some say, “so-called resurrected Christ” into my heart and life? I know this is very subjective, but it is oh so real! Some may say, “Self-hypnosis.” Ha, don’t make me laugh, I know better! And so do millions and millions of others who over the past 2000 years have had that same experience when they believed in and accepted the resurrected Christ. And millions are still experiencing that in our day and age, all over the world, people of every colour, every language, every tribe, and every nation, everywhere, amazing! All self-hypnosis? We know better!
Let me say it once more loud and clear:
“THE LORD IS RISEN INDEED.”