What does Christmas tell us?
- That the God who had been silent for 400 years, no prophets, no dreams, no visions, has spoken, loud and clear, see Heb.1:1-2, “God….. has spoken to us by His Son.”
- That the God who had been invisible, had now become visible, see John 14:9, “He who has seen Me, has seen the Father.”
- That the God who had been untouchable, now became touchable, see 1John 1:1-3, “…we have looked upon and our hands have handled.”
- That the God who had been God far above, had come down to became one of us, see John 1:14, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
- That the God who had been so distant, became so near.
- That the God who is holy, became sin, though not sinful, that we might become holy. 2Cor.5:21, “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”